Are you looking for the best candle making kit? So, if we talk about candle making kit, it means that you have two possible things to do. First, you can make it at home to complete home decor. Also, you can make it as gifts for others, as well. Second, you can run a small, yet profitable business by DIY candle making projects.
Surprising information comes from the National Candle Association. If you live in the U.S. the retail sales of all candles are about $2 billion per year. It is because the demand for candles is quite high. You can run this business with a little investment. Also, the cost to make candles is low. What you have to do is to invest your money for the best candle making kit.
Since you do not have to pay more attention to labor and you can make candles at home, then your focus should be on the kit. Also, it is important to find the best kit for making candles to use, to sell, or to give to friends. A typical candle making kit will contain candle wax, candle wicks, melting pot, fragrance oil, candle tin/container, and other tools required in the making process.
By having these elements, you have been able to make a candle. However, when it comes to better results and for advanced, you might need the ones with: color block, candle fragrance oil, thermometer, centering device, spoon, glue dot, and even guidance manual.
So, we are here to give you a review of the best kits to make candles. We have collected ten products. Additionally, we provide you the buying guide, including the top three options we think work best. So, stay and take your time!
Top 10 Best Candle Making Kits
1. CraftZee Complete DIY Candle Making Kit [Best Overall]
This starter set helps you make four candles. If you are looking for an easy-to-make candle making set, this is the right choice. It is because the kit is great for both beginners and professionals. Whether you want to make it with your little boys or girls, this is what you need. Even better, you can follow the instructions.
Additionally, the kit offers enough tools so you can create four candles in different colors. You will get lavender, orange, red, and green candles. On the other hand, the scents are lavender, clean cotton, cinnamon vanilla, and coconut lime.
Last but not least is the pure fragrance for its quality. The tools are easy to use with a sturdy design, as well. In this set, you will get the following things:
- 4 dye blocks
- 4 fragrances
- 4-8oz of soy wax bags
- Melting pot
- 2 round candle tins
- 4 stirring sticks
- 2 square candle tins with cover
- cotton wicks
- 4 glue dots
- 4 warning labels
- 4 bow tie clips
- This is a great kit for a beginner with an easy way to improve your skills
- You will get the equipment that you can use again such as thermometer, pouring pot, and the leftover supplies
- There are no fragrances to sell separately.
2. DIY Gift Kits Soy Candle Making Kit
Additionally, this kit is great for beginners to create original candles. Whether you want to make candles for fun or profit, try this kit. It makes you easily create candles, thanks to the simple-to-follow guide. It helps you make tea light and round candles. In this kit, you will get the following things:
- 100% soy wax
- Cotton wicks
- A pouring pot
- Tea light tins
- Big tins
- Color blocks
- 3 essential oils (100% therapeutic which are lavender, lemongrass, and cedarwood)
- Perfect for beginners
- Comes with super easy instructions to follow
- The coloring block does not color the candle but turns out nice if you add more extra lavender essential oil.
3. Nature’s Blossom Candle Making Supplies Kit [#2 Best]
This is the alternative of soy candle making kit you need. It comes with everything you need for your first experience on how to make candles. This kit lets you make three big scented soy candles with three candle scents. Therefore, it is what you need to complete your house with soothing scents.
You will love the smell of the candles because each of the tin jars can hold about 8 oz of natural soy wax. Also, the jar is wide to offer two cotton wicks. This is what you need if you never made any candles. With the detailed instructions, you will have long-to-burn candles, with a strong scent throw, and a smooth texture.
In this set, you will get the following supplies:
- 1,5 lb vegetable soy wax
- 3 scents of lavender, lemon, and chamomile
- Large wax melting pitcher
- 3 tin candle jars with 8oz each
- Six cotton wicks
- Wick stabilizers
- Easy to use
- The scents are perfect
- No instructions included
4. SOLIGT Complete Candle Making Kit
Presented by Solight, this is a complete set for a starter to make a candle. It is a great choice if you are looking for a home lighting DIY candle kit. Once you have made your DIY project, you can use it to decorate your living space. It is because the tins and the lids come out with bohemian style. In this package, you will get the following things:
- The melting pot contains 900 ml of capacity
- 1 thermometer
- Six-packs of 8-ox of soy wax
- 14 glue dots
- 6 center devices
- 14 wicks
- 1 mixing spoon
- 6 fragrance oil
- 6 candle dyes
- 6 candle tins with lids
Well, what are you waiting for? It is the time to add fragrance to your home with amazing aromas. There are six fragrances in this kit, which are lavender, cinnamon, lemon, vanilla, eucalyptus, and mint. Best of all, you just have to follow the detailed instructions to start this DIY.
- Perfect scents
- Easy to use
- For some people, the scents are strong. Therefore, it is back to your personal reason.
5. DIY Gateway Candle Making Kit with Bottle Cutter [Nice Pick!]
Whenever you want to turn a bottle into a candle container, then this is the best candle making kit that suits your needs. It comes with a bottle cutter. You could save the environment by recycling wasteful stuff into something useful. It’s no need to buy the candle container again.
So, what are you waiting for? It is the time to add fragrance to your home with amazing aromas. There are six fragrances in this kit, which are lavender, cinnamon, lemon, vanilla, eucalyptus, and mint. Best of all, you just have to follow the detailed instructions to start this DIY.
So, it is so much fun that you can transform your wine bottles into candles. Simply, cut your old beer or wine bottles by using the cutting device. After that, use the sandpaper in this kit to sand the edges. Continue your DIY by pouring the wax. In this kit, you will get the following things:
- Bottle cutter
- 2 pure natural soy wax, each is 1-lb
- 2 premium fragrance scents, each is 1-oz
- Four pre wicks
- Two bow tie holders
- 1 pouring pot pitcher 1-lb
- A complete kit with good instructions to follow.
- The fragrance is great to smell
- The kit should come with a case
6. Cocopin Candle Making Kit with Stainless Steel Pot
Another option you have to consider is this Cocopin candle making set. One of the kit pieces that you have to take a look at is the stainless steel pot. So, it’s the place where you melt the candle wax. It can hold up to 900 ml melted wax, which means almost 1 Liter. When you are going to make medium-scale candles, this might suit your needs. This pot is also one of our best wax meters for candle making.
Since the melting pot is made of stainless steel, it gives you a durable and strong tool to start the DIY candle making project. The pot can hold heat so it lasts longer. Don’t worry because the PP material for the handle helps you protect your hands. When you buy this kit, you will get the following things:
- A melting pot
- 100 candle wicks made of cotton
- 10 clips (bow tie)
- 100 glue dots
- A melting scoop
- The kit is perfect for beginners
- Easy to use and the pot has a high quality
- The cup or the pot is small
7. Candle Making Kit Large
Want to enjoy a DIY Candle project with more scents? Well, why don’t you try this one? So, this is one of the best candle making kits with lavender, vanilla, love spell, seaside escape, and clean cotton scents. Additionally, the kit is perfect for you to start this hobby for the first time.
Also, the company includes the following things in this kit:
- Detailed instructions
- 100% natural soy wax (5-lbs)
- Pouring pot smelter
- 3 dye blocks
- Five scent fragrance
- 12 tin containers
- Easy to use with all necessities
- Great for beginners
- The kit the Love Spell does not come with a distinct scent
8. CandleScience Soy Candle Making Starter Kit (Up to 12 Candles)
So, this is presented by candlewick to make 100% soy wax candle. The kit is full-size so you can make 12 candles at once. Additionally, the complete materials help you make this DIY project for the first time. The kit includes the following things:
- Four fragrances, each is 1-oz
- Four diamond color chips
- 12 candle tins, each is 8oz
- Four premium soy wax bags, each is 1-lb
- 12 glue dots
Well, if you have no experience to make a candle before, this is the right time to try. Even you can make some candles for family or friends. Also, anytime you want to host a party with candles, you can make it first, too. The kit also has a detailed direction come out with photographs so it gives you an easy tutorial.
- An ideal choice for beginners
- The instructions are easy to understand
- The wick leaves a little smoke but they burn great
9. Candlewic Soy Candle Making Kit
Well, if you have no experience to make a candle before, this is the right time to try. Even you can make some candles for family or friends. Anytime you want to host a party with candles, you can make it first, too. Besides, the detailed directions come out with photographs to give you an easy tutorial.
- A great pick for beginners
- The instructions are easy to understand
- The wick leaves a little smoke but they burn great
10. 23Bees Organic Candle Making Bundle Kit
Don’t worry because you still have this option left. It is an Organic Candle Making Kit with 100% pure hemp candle wick. The pure beeswax is 2lbs. Additionally, you will get wick sustainer tabs for about 200 pieces. Therefore, it is a good choice to start having your DIY project and make a little experiment.
It is so much fun that you only need your creativity to make candles. Also, the wick is coated to offer a slow burn. For this reason, it is good to have this product for your hobby.
- A perfect choice if you like pure beeswax candles
- Does not come with strong odor but can last because they burn so well
- If you want to make it thick enough just like an average candle, you need to use a double wick.
How to Choose the Best Candle Making Kit
With the options available, it is not easy to choose the best one. Therefore, here are the factors to tell you the best candle making kit:
1. Understand the Type of the Candle
Do you want to make a large pillar candle for blackout or use it in a hurricane vase? Do you want to make jar candles with fragrance fills your room? It is important to think first about the type of candle that you want to make. By considering this matter, you will able to decide the type of kits you want to buy.
Candle making kit contains equipment so you can make votive-style candles for beginners. On the other hand, if you want to have DIY larger candles, it means you have to find different kits that are harder to find. Well, back to your plan. Make sure you have a clear plan about the candles to make.
2. Consider the Number of Candles
Next, it is also important to know your needs. Every single kit may offer a different number of candles to make. So, if you want to make a DIY candle at home with your kids during the winter season, you may need fewer candles and fewer materials. For this reason, it is good to choose a kit that lets you make a few candles, not many.
Additionally, it is important to note that when you make more candles, it means you need more materials and ingredients. A kit that lets you make many candles, but not reusing few tins can be more expensive.
On the other hand, if you want to make many DIY candles with the best candle making kit, you will need a large volume. This is important so you will not run out of materials in the middle of your project.
3. Kits and Fragrance
When you are looking for kits, it is good to know about the assortment of fragrances included in the kits. You can find a kit that offers a single fragrance. On the other hand, you can find a candle making kit that offers customizable fragrance you can order with the company. So, you can order the unscented kit and add the essential oils.
Note that the fragrance can set your mood. For example, you can go with floral and tropical scents for spring and summer. Meanwhile, the fragrance of warm spiced pumpkin or pine is great for colder months.
Besides, it is important to determine the color of the candle you want to make. The color will complete the décor of your room. Color also becomes a helpful hint to tell you about the scent of your candle. For example, a red candle means apple, and a yellow candle means the fragrance of bright lemon or something like that.
Most kits also come in different colors. Therefore, it is good to make a special order to the company if you need a certain color.
5. Wax Quality
It is also important to talk about the quality of wax itself. For example, if you buy a kit that contains soy wax, make sure that the kit is 100% soy. It should not a soy-paraffin blend. If you are buying pure wax, make sure that it is no blend and no additives.
So, you have read our reviews above. Here, we would like to make it a little bit specific. Well, here are the top three products that we suggest after taking some considerations.
1. CraftZee Complete DIY Candle Making Kit – So, this is a great kit for a beginner. There are complete elements to make your first candle. You can improve your candle making skills by using this kit. Unfortunately, if you like the fragrance from this kit, the company does not sell it separately.
2. Nature’s Blossom Candle Making Supplies Kit – This kit is easy to use with the perfect scents you will love. However, it is good to know that a few buyers explained their kit did not come with instructions. Therefore, we do not recommend this for beginners.
3. DIY Gateway Candle Making Kit with Glass Bottle Cutter – Get a complete kit that comes with detailed instructions to follow. Also, this is what you need to start DIY projects for the first time with candles. The fragrance is also great. On the other hand, the kit does not come with a case. So, it does not have enough protection.
Last update on 2021-06-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API