Since treating your dentures is important for your health, one of the best things to do is to find the best denture cleaner. There are some good things if you can keep your dentures clean as possible as you can. For example, it helps you prevent losing more teeth. Other than that, it can prevent inflamed gums because of fungal or bacterial infections.
Commonly, most of us clean the dentures by brushing and soaking routinely every day. The best way to clean your dentures is by brushing the dentures first. This is important to eliminate bits of food. Besides, make sure that you are choosing the best denture cleaner, instead of using toothpaste. It is important not to scrub the dentures too hard. Otherwise, it will leave grooves.
By using denture cleaner every day, helps you remove the stubborn stains and plaque that left there. Also, it works as a disinfectant to your dentures. Therefore, using denture cleaner can help you feel fresher. Please follow the company’s instructions when you are using it.
To help you find out the right product, we provide you a list of 10 products that can be your dentures cleaning solution. Even though we give you the best products here, it is still important to visit your dentist regularly. It is important to see your dentist even if you have no teeth issues.
Top 10 Best Denture Cleaners
1. iSonic F3900 Ultrasonic Denture Cleaner [Best Overall]
Presented by iSonic, this is one of the best ultrasonic denture cleaner options worth for your money. The cleaner offers a compact design with the use of sound waves to clean into cavities and crevices. As a result, it removes particulates from mouth guards, dentures, and retainers.
It only takes 15 minutes for this machine to clean your denture. If you want to clean the dentures quickly, you can use the auto-shutoff feature that helps perform quick cleaning in just 5 minutes.
- This ultrasonic denture cleanser works well to eliminate plaque buildup and film. You do not have to scrub your dentures once you have this machine.
- It is easy to operate and it does not loud at all
- This is not for you if you are looking for an ultrasonic denture cleaner with a removable tank.
2. Retainer Brite Denture Cleaner Tablets
Next, you can try for this removable cleaner that works effectively to kill bacteria. Also, it prevents your dentures from discoloration or odor that can cause bad breath. Even better, this cleaning solution has a special formula you should use daily to make sure that your dentures are fresh and clean.
To use this product, it only needs 10 minutes to eliminate tartar and plaque, kill bacteria and germs, clean and brighten your dentures, as well. It contains 96 tablets to help your oral hygiene.
- It is very simple and easy to use that you just have to pop the whole tablet in the tub and use warm water. Let it sit for 10 minutes to clean.
- It is the ideal choice for retainers since it can clean better than a toothbrush
- You still need to brush the trays after using them to soak water and the tablets
3. Polident Overnight Whitening Antibacterial Denture Cleanser Effervescent Tablets
Manufactured by Polident, this is an overnight whitening denture cleaner, and it can kill 99.99% of odor that can cause bacteria. You just have to soak it to reduce the plaque buildup and remove tough stains while whitening the dentures.
This tablet offers a clean and more gentle solution compared to toothpaste. It is all that you need to keep you feeling fresh with your wide smile. Additionally, it is the right solution for you who have no time to a soak. Even better, you can use it for your teeth brace trays for every night.
- It makes you feel fresh and helps your dentures clean at a good price
- It works okay for overnight and leaves the things cleaner, but you still have to wash your denture in the morning
- Packaging issue
4. M3 Naturals Retainer and Denture Cleaning Tablets
M3 Naturals offer this cleaning tablet for dentures with the capability to remove 99.99% of bacteria. It is because the company used anti-bacterial ingredients. Also, they have tested the product as the safest and the best denture cleaner. It helps you remove odors, tartar, stains, plaque, and discoloration.
Interestingly, this product also works best for retainers, Invisalign, aligners, mouth guards, snore guards, and other removable appliances for teeth. It is easy to use this tablet. What you should do is to drop a single tablet into the warm tap water you have prepared. After that, soak the dental appliance and let it sit there for 10 minutes.
- It makes your trays feel clean with pure clear water and no taste after applying it.
- It is one of the convenient solutions to clean retainers.
- The tablet does not fully dissolve.
5. Gus Craft 2-Pack Denture Cleaning Brush Set
If you think that you cannot go with the best ultrasonic denture cleaner or denture cleaner tablets, it is okay. You still have another solution that is by using a cleaning brush, specially designed for dentures. Well, it can save your life by giving great protection for your dental hygiene. This is the best choice to prevent infection, as well.
This cleaning brush for teeth can access the areas that hard to reach. It also helps you save your pain, thanks to the smart design. Simply, you just have to take your dentures out and then brush them by using denture cream. After that, put them back in.
- It is a perfect choice if you need soft bristle to clean your dentures
- The product has a good quality, with the sturdy design and it covers everything when you are brushing your dentures.
- For some people, the brushes are too large and it is not easy to grip the handles due to the size.
6. SmartGuard Premium Removes Stain, Plaque & Bad Odor from Dentures
Use this SmartGuard Premium Cleaning solution if you want to get a safe yet strong cleaner for your dentures. It is simple to use because you just have to soak the dentures for 20 minutes. This is a safe cleaner to remove tartar calcium, plaque, coffee, tobacco, tea, and iron stains.
Additionally, you can use it easily without scrubbing your appliance. So, it will never damage the appliance you have. If you think that it is only for dentures, then you are wrong. It is because the product is also an effective solution for braces, night guards, retainers, and snore guards.
- This cleaning solution is easy to use and easy to mix.
- It is an ideal choice for you who want to use whatever for your aligners because it works on it.
- It is not the ideal choice for partials that contains ticomium alloy. It is also not the right choice for ceramic teeth.
7. Oral-B Denture Brush Dual Head
The next choice is the real solution for those who think that they need a denture brush. So, this denture brush is unique with the presence of dual head. It is a large brush head with an angle-trimmed and smaller design. Also, the brush has a large handle that you can grip easily.
Among other options we already mentioned, we think that this is the least inexpensive option. So, if you like to find a brush that has a reasonable price for your dentures, this is it. You can consider having this product to complete your needs.
- This brush for dentures comes with a sturdy design.
- It offers the right stiffness to clean your dentures
- For some people, the brush maybe is a little bit too soft.
8. Cordless Sonic Cleaner
Do you need a cleaner that can do anything more than just cleaning your dentures? Well, this can be your choice. We can say that it is the best denture cleaner because it can clean jewelry, retainers, and aligners in a few minutes. Additionally, it cordless and it is a battery-operated machine that offers sonic vibration for about 5800 waves each minute.
This product is a good choice for you because it provides deep cleaning performance. It means that the machine can clean better than brushes. It works and it reaches the areas you cannot reach when you are using a brush. Please note that it does not come with a battery. So, you have to buy it separately.
- It is an inexpensive solution to keep your dentures clean
- The design is very compact and it has a quiet performance.
- It is not the ideal solution for adult dentures because the bowl is not deep enough to support a full set of dentures.
9. Sonic Cordless Denture Cleaner Portable Battery Operated Cleaning Machine
Use this machine as the alternative for you if you cannot go with the previous options. This is a portable cleaning machine with a cordless design. The price is affordable and you can use it to make your orthodontic appliances look clean.
The performance of this machine is quite good because it can clean deep, especially when brushes cannot reach the deep areas. Additionally, it offers Sonic vibration with more than 5800 waves in a single minute. So, it means that you do not have to soak your dentures overnight.
- This machine has a reliable and efficient performance to clean the dentures.
- It works best if you are looking for a portable cleaner because it is a battery-powered product.
- Even though it makes a lot of noise and you doubt that the vibrations can clean aligners, but it is okay.
10. iSonic CSDW01 Denture Cleaner Powder
Unlike the previous options, this is the denture cleaner in the form of powder or crystal. The function is to remove calculus buildups and tough stains in just 15 minutes. Additionally, it works as a disinfectant that can act fast. It can be used with ultrasonic iSonic ultrasonic denture cleaner as well.
If you want to use this product to eliminate the heavy stain, you will need 1 teaspoon for every cup of tap water. On the other hand, if you are using it for a light stain, it is good to use 1/2 or 3/4 teaspoon for every cup of water.
- It is a good solution for retainers, dentures, and gems
- The battery is rechargeable, to recharge the battery switch should be in ON, and the design of this machine is sturdy.
- The tanks come with the non-removable design
How to Choose Denture Cleaner
Finding the best denture cleaner is just the beginning. Now, with the 10 best products we have mentioned above, it is important to find the right choice by considering these things:
If you are choosing denture cleaner in the form of tablets, make sure that the compositions are safe or non-toxic. Since it takes more time to do research alone, it will be helpful if you contact your dentist. You can ask for their help by asking whether the product you choose is the best or not.
Sadly, most dental cleaners come with toxic compositions like persulfate. Persulfate is a great composition to clean dentures. However, it can be a real problem if you consume it unintentionally. Even it can lead to serious allergic reactions, and since it is toxic, it can be a deadly composition.
Can you imagine when your kids somehow are eating the cleaning tablet or cleaning water? Well, that can happen anytime!
2. Use Nonabrasive Cleanser
A soft-bristled brush can help you eliminate food, plaque, and deposits on the dentures. So, you should soak and then brush the dentures. In this case, you will need nonabrasive denture cleanser. Choosing non-abrasive denture cleanser is good because it does not damage the dentures.
On the other hand, if you are using denture adhesive, you should clean the grooves first so there is no adhesive left. Remember that you should not use denture cleansers directly, inside your mouth.
3. Avoid Buying Cleanser Contains Peroxide
Many denture cleansers come out with the presence of peroxide, the whitening agent. Even though it whitens your dentures, but it will change the color of the denture teeth and make it not natural. It is bad if the whitening agent does not work for the entire teeth.
4. Avoid Products with Bleaching Agents
Dentures cleanser with bleaching agent does not help you. On the other hand, it will only weaken the structure of the dentures. Also, it changes the colors of the dentures. Please note that you should not soak the dentures with the metal attachments in this cleaning solution since it contains chlorine. Otherwise, it corrodes the metal.
5. Consider Ultrasonic Denture Cleaner
Using an ultrasonic cleaner for dentures is also helpful. Remember that you are not using this device to replace brushing your teeth. Make sure that you go with products that have an ADA seal of acceptance. Products with ADA certificate means that the products have been tested for its safety and performance.
Now, it can be confusing for you to choose the best denture cleaner. Since we have presented 10 products based on real reviews, we are sure that you almost have no idea about the best choice to pick. For this reason, we try to make the choice is more specific than before. Here, we provide you the three top-notch solutions below.
1. Gus Craft 2-Pack Denture Cleaning Brush Set
This cleaning brush set offers a soft bristle. It works best to clean your dentures for its quality. The design is also sturdy that can cover everything when you want to brush your dentures. However, it depends on personal taste. Some people may feel that the brushes are too large. The handle to grip is not good enough because the size is too big.
2. Oral-B Denture Brush Dual Head
Take this brush if you need a denture brush with a sturdy design. It can clean your dentures with the right stiffness. However, few buyers reported that the brush is a little bit too soft.
3. Cordless Sonic Cleaner
This cordless cleaner is the last solution because it can clean many things. You can use it for your dentures, jewelry, retainers, aligners, and others. Also, it offers you an affordable price to help you clean your dentures. The design is also compact with quiet performance. Unfortunately, it is not the right choice if you are looking for the best denture cleaner for adults. The bowl of this cleaner is not deep enough. Therefore, it cannot support a full set of dentures.
Last update on 2021-03-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API