Finding the best metallic paint for walls can be a daunting task. It is because there are many brands available in this paint category. Well, the trend of using metallic paint for home interior is increasing right now. So, metallic paint for the walls means it is a wall finish. It works to add a shimmering and glittery feature to complete any room.
Once you apply this paint to the wall, it makes the walls look shining and having more depth than before. There are many popular brands available in the market such as Benjamin Moree with their Molten Metallics. At first, you may think that metallic paint is the same as normal paint. They are not the same paints. Metallic paints are commonly water-based so that it is easy to use. Just like the other paints, you need to roll, brush, and spray it on the walls.
The difference is metallic wall paint comes with metallic flakes or actual metal. However, not all metallic paints come with silver and gold look. For example, you can find that Molded has 39 color options that will meet your needs. Note that the cost of metallic paint for walls is more expensive than the common paints. It is because the process to create metallic paint in the company is more complicated and pricey than creating the common colors.
Metallic wall paint offers many interesting projects for home interior. For example, you can use it to create murals in your kids’ bedroom. Also, it looks perfect to use it for accent lines, faux effects, and stencil patterns. The texture and sheen of metallic paint are the common features in metallic paint that give shimmery look in any room. So, if you want to find the best metallic paint for walls, we have made the list of 10 best products available on the market. These products get high ratings. Also, please read the customer reviews to help you decide.
[amazon box=”B0050BSGAA, B003EELMYW, B0006HHJZG, B003EELN32, B000Y009L6, B0009JNERS, B00E3E4K8M, B01DJ9PMOM, B01K0B3ZKK, B00L8TORIS” template=”table”]
Top 10 Best Metallic Paint for Walls
1. Modern Masters ME150-32 Metallic Silver, 32-Ounce
Do you need a high-quality decorative finish for many things? This Modern master Metallic Satin Paint can be the right choice. It is a perfect option if you want to create a small accent or large architectural details. Besides, the wall paint is durable. Even if you want to use it for your DIY projects, you can apply it easily.
When you buy this product, you can use it for other things such as doors, ceilings, lamps, and many others. Also, the silver finish does not contain toxic chemicals. It is for you if you are looking for wall paint with real metal particles.
[amazon fields=”B0050BSGAA” value=”button”]
- The wall paint is ideal for wall stencil, wall accent, ceiling, and others.
- It is for you if you are looking for a muted gold finish, not silver.
- It is not for you if you are looking for super metallic wall paint.
2. Rust-Oleum 253537 Metallic Paint, Quart, Soft Gold
Adding a decorative touch to your exterior and interior is now possible by using single-wall paint. This metallic wall paint is perfect for doors, walls, trims, furniture, and many others. Also, this is a water-based paint with low odor. The addition of mica beads creates a metallic look.
The one-step finish makes a shimmering look especially when the light hits the object you paint. It is what you need to add an elegant and luxurious touch. Best of all, the wall paint is easy to clean.
[amazon fields=”B003EELMYW” value=”button”]
- Easy to apply if you follow the directions
- It has a beautiful glow
- The sparkle needs more
3. Modern Masters ME196-GAL Metallic Pearl White
There are 47 standard colors from Modern Master and you can consider this as the best metallic paint for walls. It is a good choice for DIY projects because you can use it for large architectural specs and a beautiful decorative finish. For this one, it is pearl white color with satin style. Also, it contains metallic paint.
So, the metal particles are real with the color pigments in the traditional style. For this reason, it looks shimmering and beautiful once you applied it to the walls. Best of all, you can apply this wall paint for the exterior and interior of your house easily.
[amazon fields=”B0006HHJZG” value=”button”]
- Amazing effect
- It is the perfect coverage for your pottery items
- Not easy to work with
4. Rust-Oleum 255269 Metallic Paint Sterling Silver
Another option to consider, Rust-Oleum offers more than ten variant colors available for metallic paints. You can use this paint for the wall accent, as well. Additionally, the paint has a low odor so you can apply it on the exterior or interior walls, furniture, doors, and trim at ease.
It is important to know that it comes in a mini jar in size of 2 ounces. Of course, you can use it as a sample first. Other than that, it can be your solution if you need to paint in a small size for a small project. When it comes to its application, it is easy to use. You just have to use it for a one-step application just like latex paint. Please note that the beads are pure mica, not real metals. But, it is enough to give a shimmering look to your project.
[amazon fields=”B003EELN32″ value=”button”]
- The wall paint is solid and smooth
- It is super easy to apply if you do two coats
- If you are not looking for a super shiny best metallic paint for walls, but it enough gives a beautiful muted color
5. DecoArt Metallics Shimmering Silver Acrylic Paint
From DecoArt, this is a recommended all-purpose metallic acrylic paint with silver finish. It provides 2 ounces and it is made from metal flakes. You can use it for many things such as crafts, arts, and other DIY home décor projects. Once you applied it to your project, you will see how it adds elegance and shimmering look easily.
For the writer colors, you can use it for personalizing, outlining, and giving metallic accents to all kinds of surfaces. It is easy to use, as well. Meanwhile, the glaze colors offer translucent glazes. It is ideal for staining, glazing, and antiquing. So, you will need glaze colors for the faux finishing method.
If you want to use this wall paint as a stencil on a wall, it is great. You do not even need any base color to apply first before applying this wall paint. It is because it works just like other acrylic paint.
[amazon fields=”B000Y009L6″ value=”button”]
- It works well and it creates a nice finish just like the look of aluminum foil
- Easy to clean out
- If you do not mind to find that, the silver metallic is like a chrome finish
6. Modern Masters ME-149 Reactive Metallic Paint Copper
Switching to the next product, this water-based paint comes out with the real metal beads that can tarnish naturally by the time. Also, it has rust activator that will increase the oxidation process. As a result, you will have a beautiful flat black finish. If you are afraid of rusting, do not worry because you can add a flat coat sealer.
This paint solvent contains real particles from metal. You can use it to complete your exterior or interior walls, as well. Since it is a reactive paint, you may need some practice. To get the best result, please read and follow the directions given by the manufacturer. After that, test the paint out on something you do not use and use it for your real DIY project.
[amazon fields=”B0009JNERS” value=”button”]
- Easy to use
- You can expect the quality
- You may need a lot of practice so you will achieve good results
7. Metallic Shimmer Pearlescent Paint for Interior and Exterior Quart
Do you need the best metallic paint for walls with high durability? Take this option. You can use it for exterior or interior walls. Other than that, it is possible to apply it to your favorite furniture. The function of this product is to add a shimmering look on the door, railings, gates, and even metalwork.
What is more about this product is the design is unique. Since you can combine it with universal colorants, this water-based paint is easy to clean. You can use the paint directly from the bottle to get a pale and pearlized finish.
[amazon fields=”B00E3E4K8M” value=”button”]
- Apply it on your wall and you will see a wonderful result that looks better when the sunlight hits it
- It is the ideal choice for those who want to add a pearl finish to their projects
- It can be a little bit tricky to get the combination of pearl and paint, so read the instructions can help.
8. Benjamin M Studio Finishes Molten Metallics Quartz Bronze
Whether you are using it for exterior or interior, this metallics paint can help you create some beautiful effects. The paint comes with some color options. So, you can choose the right finish to meet your projects.
Additionally, the high-glossy finish is durable. It can be a real solution against rust. Also, it is easy to use this product. To start, apply it on a new or previously painted surface. This product is ideal for trim, walls, accent ceilings, furniture, and crafts. However, this product is not for you if you want to apply it on aluminum or galvanized metal. Make sure that you do two thin coat technique to complete the coverage.
Please note that you should clean the surface before applying this metallics paint on it. Make sure that the surface is also dry, even free of grease, wax, mildew, and scaling paint. Other than that, use grit sandpaper to dull the areas first so the metallics paint will stay on the surface better.
[amazon fields=”B01DJ9PMOM” value=”button”]
- It is the right metallics paint for you who want to get more than a standard look.
- The hammered effect makes it beautiful
- It is easy to use but read the instructions first to meet your expectation
9. DecoArt Americana Decor Metallics Rose Gold
This water-based paint comes out for home decor. But, you can use it for art painting such as using it with your acrylics. There are four color options available to apply on the exterior or interior walls. The good things about this product are easy to clean. Also, it is non-toxic paint so that it is something nice to know.
If your projects are plastic, well you can use this paint, too. But, you should sand the plastic first and then rub it down by using alcohol. After that, add the primer before applying this metallic paint because this paint is water-based. We recommend you to doa small sample so you can check the durability of this paint.
[amazon fields=”B01K0B3ZKK” value=”button”]
- It is the right choice for those who like acrylic paint
- One coat helps you have great coverage
- Need more practice to use
10. Valspar Signature Colors Interior Silver Paint Crystals
Last but not the least, this product offers beautiful glitter, with nice and subtle color. You can mix it with the regular wall paint. Also, you can use it with a glaze over the dried paint for a sparkling look.
When you are using it with other paints, make sure that it is getting harder to see the crystals especially for light paint. Also, it is good to not mix this paint with others since you can use glaze. After that, apply the metallics paint as the topcoat.
[amazon fields=”B00L8TORIS” value=”button”]
- Take it if you need a metallic wall paint with subtle and beautiful effect
- This paint works best if you want an accent wall with glitters
- Please note that the lighter the paint, the more packs you should buy
How To Choose Right Metallic Paint For Walls
We do understand that it is stressful to find the best metallic paint for walls. If you are getting confused with the options above, we have this buying guide to help.
1. Find Your Needs
Make sure you have some questions to ask yourself just like the things below:
- Is it worth your money?
- What will you get from the product?
- What factors to consider before buying the best wall paint?
- Why should you spend your money to get the best metallic wall paint?
- What are the trends of metallic wall paint colors in 2020?
2. Get More Sources
This is a good thing to do for you. By conducting exclusive research, you will find the right product that meets your needs. You can use many sources such as word-of-mouth, online forums, home design magazines, rating websites, product reviews, and many more. By doing proper research, it will help you a lot to find the best metallic paint solution.
3. Compare the Products
After collecting some products, you can compare each of them to find the best one. Here are the things to compare:
- The brand
- The features and specifications
- The quality and durability
- The customer reviews and ratings of the products
- The product value
After reading our reviews about the best metallic paint for walls, we can help you by narrowing the options. So, let us show you our three best choices after reading the complete reviews.
1. Rust-Oleum 255269 Metallic Accents Paint, 2 oz Trial Size, Sterling Silver – We choose this product because many buyers explain that the wall paint is solid and smooth. Applying it for two coats will make you super easy to complete your DIY projects. However, we think it is not for you if you want to get super shiny metallic paint. It looks beautiful as a muted color.
2. Modern Masters ME-149 Reactive Metallic Paint Copper, 16-Ounce – Modern Masters create this paint with high quality. It is also easy to use. However, you should do a lot of practice if you expect good results. Using this wall paint is good but we recommend you test it on a small, unwanted surface first.
3. Studio Finishes Molten Metallics, Quart (Bronze) – We choose these molten metallics to paint because it helps you create a beautiful effect.
Whether you are using it for exterior or interior, this metallics paint can help you create. Once you use it for your DIY projects, you will see how beautiful it is, even more than just the standard look can give. The wall paint has a metallic hammered look so you can take it for your wall accents. However, make sure that you read the instructions first so you can use it properly on your projects.