Are you seeking for the best plaque remover? If so, you are landing on the right page. So, it is important to know first about plaque and tartar. These things are different. Plaque is the colorless and sticky film that forms on the teeth. You need flossing and tooth brushing regularly to remove plaque. Otherwise, it will accumulate on the teeth to create calculus, called tartar.
Besides, if you left your teeth untreated with plaque and tartar, you may have some health problems. For example, leaving your teeth with plaque will produce bacteria that can cause gum disease, bad breath, and tooth decay. Also, plaque can lead to tartar buildup.
What can you do to deal with tartar? Sadly, it is not enough to use a toothbrush to remove tartar. There is one way to do so that is by using help from a professional dentist. Your dentist may perform dental scaling but it can create a little discomfort. It is because your dentist will numb the tooth roots and the gums by using local anesthesia.
Additionally, when you take the dental procedure to remove tartar, the cost for this treatment is super fantastic. You have to spend about $1000 to $3000 with no insurance. Doing the treatment means that your doctor will use scalers. The scalers work to scrap the calculus away from the teeth.
On the other hand, if you want to scrape tartar off at home, it is not the right choice. It is because you may damage your teeth since you leave the enamel with scratches. For this reason, it is good to have the best plaque remover to help you solve this matter. Here, we have the 10 best products to help you more.
Top 10 Best Plaque Removers
1. Electric Sonic Dental Tartar Plaque Remover
Once you have used the product, you can see the noticeable change. Your teeth will be whiter and the plaque will disappear. Keep in mind that you use it carefully, especially if your gum line is sensitive. Even though you may feel that it is a little bit hard at first, but gradually you will love it.
- This plaque remover is safe and it does not create damage to your tooth enamel
- It also works great to remove plaque and real help for a beginner to use
- It does not remove any major stains instantly
2. Stim-U-Dent Plaque Removers
These toothpicks are available in small packets so you can bring them to complete you in any place. It is the right choice if you want to use it to get out food that stuck between your teeth. It helps you when the floss cannot do. Therefore, it is the ideal option if you want to remove plaque, especially between the teeth.
- Use it and combine it with dental floss to get the perfect result
- It does not cause any irritation to your gums
- No flavor
3. Professional Dental Tartar Scraper Tool for Dentist
Additionally, this is a long tool so that you can use it to reach all the teeth. If you need a tool that can clean plaque and tartar without pain or without damaging the tooth enamel, this is the right choice. With the support of double hook scrapers, it does the job with no hitch at all. It is easy to use this product. What you should do is to wipe the tartar or plaque off its blade by using a tissue. Then, repeat using it until you find no plaque left on its blade.
- The tool is not heavy and the instrument is good to use
- This product is good for those who are big fans of tea or coffee.
- The tips on this product are a little bit too wide to make it easy to access the areas around teeth.
4. Professional Dental Hygiene Calculus & Plaque Remover Set
In this set, you will get 1 dentist mirror, 1 tartar scraper, 1 dental scaler, and 1 dental toothpick. Of course, this complete kit helps you remove plaque and stain at home by using natural treatments.
- This is what you need if you want to have a perfect set to use at home because they are washable with the nice weight and comfortable grips
- You can feel the difference before and after using this kit.
- Use it carefully or it can damage gums
5. Parodontax Plaque Remover Toothpaste for Bleeding Gums
This toothpaste is antiplaque that even works better compared to a toothpaste that contains sodium mono fluorophosphate. It can perform you to give more protections so your teeth are strong, improve your gum health, and perfect for fresh breath.
- It helps your teeth brighter and you can even see the difference
- If you have problems with gums and you have not enough time of flossing or mouth washing, use this toothpaste
- The company needs to make this product so it has better taste, even though it does not taste bad
6. Crest Tartar Control Toothpaste
- It controls tartar buildup
- It works great to whiten your teeth
- The taste can be a problem for some people
7. Plax Advanced Formula Plaque Loosening Rinse
So, if you have a problem with plaque buildup, dull teeth, bad breath, and unpleasant film, take this option. The company explains that the product has a soft mint flavor, which is so refreshing. Surely, it keeps the mouth clean and fresh.
- It works best for people with a permanent retainer that can cause tartar buildup.
- It softens the tartar buildup and then you can scrape the tartar off by using a dental tool.
- If you have sensitive gums, you should not use it too often because it can cause a burning sensation
8. Livfresh Dental Gel Plaque Remover 250% Better
- You will forgive the price because it is extremely effective to solve your sensitive gums
- It reduces gum bleeding significantly
- The product is too small
9. TheraSol Tartar Dissolver/Remover
For this reason, it will help you dissolve the tartar layers. To start using it, you will need to tap water and then dilute this product with it. Make sure that you follow the directions given by the company to get the best results.
- Use this product continually so you will get the result in several weeks
- To get a better and faster result, make sure that you do regular flossing and brushing
- It takes several weeks because it works quite slow
10. Homgeek Plaque Remover
In this package, you will get 1 water flosser, 3 tips clean, 1 tongue cleaner, 1 orthodontic tip, 1 dental plaque tip, and 1 periodontal tip. Please read the user manual before using this product.
- It makes you feel fresh after using it
- The product is lightweight, durable, and make your gums feel quite clean
- The machine is loud
How to Choose The Best Plaque Remover
With so many options and different solutions, we are here to give you additional information about finding the best plaque remover as below:
1. Using Formulated Toothpaste
Back in 2008, a study compared the effectiveness of toothpaste to control tartar buildup and cavity-protection. From the study, they revealed that people use tartar-control toothpaste has less calculus, for about 35% than people who are brushing their teeth with the common fluoride toothpaste.
Other than that, you can try toothpaste contains baking soda. Baking soda is a little bit abrasive. Based on many studies, toothpaste with baking soda can remove plaque better than toothpaste without this ingredient. Nevertheless, you may find toothpaste with charcoal. According to the study from the Journal of the American Dental Association, there is not enough evidence to say that the toothpaste is good to control tartar.
2. Trying Whitening Strips
Based on a study in 2009 finds that whitening strips contain hydrogen peroxide with pyrophosphate is the effective solution to help you fight against tartar. People who are using this product as the best plaque remover can reduce 35% the chance of tartar buildup. It works better than only brushing your teeth.
3. Using Mouthwash
ADA explains that mouthwashes with the right ingredients to fight bacteria, such as chlorhexidine, cetyl pyridinium, and essential oils are effective to remove plaque and tartar. For a better result, you should use this product in conjunction with brushing and flushing treatment.
When you want to buy mouthwash, make sure that you buy the product that meets the standard of ADA Seal of Approval. Also, it is important to follow the directions from the company.
4. DIY Dental Scaling
Many dental hygienists are working by using these metal tools to remove plaque and tartar. The tools have sharp edges. During the process, dental hygienists may remove the plaque from the tooth surface, the surface of the root, and underneath the gumline. However, when you try to do it by yourself at home, it can harm your teeth and damage your enamel.
There are some reasons why we do not recommend you using this method as the best plaque remover. It is because medical tools are only for the professional. Even using these tools need training for your safety. Additionally, dental hygienists need to attend university or college so they can get their degrees. After that, they can use dental scalers safely.
5. Electronic Plaque Remover
Electronic devices such as electronic toothbrush help you remove plaque even better than the manual models. No matter the electronic plaque remover tool to choose, make sure that it has an ADA seal of approval. It means that the product has met the standard of quality control. Also, it means that the product has been tested for your safety.
With those to best plaque remover products, it can be confusing to choose. Therefore, we are here to give you a more specific choice than before. We think these three choices are great to consider:
- Electric Sonic Dental Tartar Plaque Remover
This plaque remover is a safe choice because it does not damage the enamel. You will need it to remove plaque, especially if you are a beginner to use this tool. However, this is only for plaque and tartar, not for stains.
- Stim-U-Dent Plaque Removers
It is a safe solution since it does not lead to gum irritation. Also, you can combine it with the dental floss so you will get a better result than just brushing your tooth. Please note that it does not come with flavor. If you think that you are looking for an affordable solution, take it.
- Parodontax Plaque Remover Toothpaste for Bleeding Gums
Make your teeth brighter and see the difference by using this toothpaste routinely. It is the right choice if you think that you have problems with gums or you have no time to floss and mouthwash your tooth every time. Even though this toothpaste does not come with a bad taste, but it would be better if the company can make the taste better than now.
Last update on 2020-10-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API