In this modern era, technology allows us to use the best silicone scar sheets as an effective treatment. It can prevent and heal scars. Generally, scar tissue is itchier and less stretchy as the sign that it is not hydrated. Therefore, the presence of silicone is to stop the scar from losing water.
In this condition, the damaged skin has tiny cracks. This way will let bacteria to enter and to prevent the healing process. The condition is worst when bacteria create more inflammation. For this reason, the damaged skin needs more moisture to heal.
How does silicone help? Well, it helps a lot by working just like a moisture barrier in your natural skin. It traps the moisture so that it will not lose against your skin’s surface. So, this silicone helps you keep the damaged skin hydrated. Back in 2014, the International Advisory Panel on Scar Management reported that silicone is a helpful treatment for keloids and hypertrophic scars.
Additionally, by applying silicone sheets or silicone gel, it makes your skin can improve the appearance of the scar. According to one study, silicone sheeting becomes one of the best treatments over the years to improve the appearance of scars. Also, it can deal with hypertrophic scars. It is why you also need it to remove your old scars.
Also, using silicone sheets is a safe treatment. FDA recommends using this treatment to reduce scars, as well. Even there is no report talking about the side effect of using a medical-grade silicone sheet. Well, it is a non-toxic solution. Since you may need time to find the best silicone scar sheets, we want to make it easier than ever. In this point, we give you 10 products we think best according to the real reviews.
Top 10 Best Silicone Scar Sheets
1. Aroamas Professional Silicone Scar Sheets
Additionally, the silicone scar sheet can handle hypertrophic scars. In this case, the sheets will improve the size, color, texture, and appearance of the scars or keloids because of c-section, burn, injury, surgery, and others.
Whether you have new or old scars, the sheets can soften it within just weeks. The optimal result is great to see within 12 weeks. So, this is what you need if you are looking for a reusable, durable, and safe non-toxic silicone adhesive strips.
- The sheet is washable and reusable for two weeks if you can clean and maintain it properly
- A great option for old and new scars
- It may difficult to apply on the face
2. ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets shrink, flatten and fade scars, 12 Reusable Sheets
Other than that, the scar sheet offers flexible and comfortable design, thanks to its material. The company made it from a breathable fabric that is super thin to make you feel comfortable when you use it to treat scars. Also, the sheets are washable and flexible to protect the scars from daily movement. It is the ideal choice for kids up to 3 years old or patients with sensitive skin types.
- Works well on non-oily or non-hairy location
- Comfortable and last long
- Difficult to use
3. ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets for C-Sections
Additionally, they are easy to use, washable, and flexible that hydrates and softens your skin while giving enough protection for the scars from daily movement. Also, the comfortable and flexible design lets you get optimal comfort since the sheets are super thin. Please note that the durability and self-adhesive of each sheet here is for 7 to 10 days if you can use it properly.
- You will see the difference after using it
- It helps you deal with itching
- Not all buyers happy with the result
4. Mepiform Silicone Scar Treatment
This product is Mepiform that prevents and reduces scars. Even if you have hypertrophic scars or keloids, it helps you soften, flatten, and then fade the scars. Also, it is easy to use that you can apply it all over your body. Since it is waterproof, you should not worry when you are using it while showering or bathing.
- Removable and durable design
- Works well
- The product is too small for the price
5. Mepitac Soft Silicone Tape
Additionally, this Mepitac tape comes with Safetac technology. It supports patients with fragile skin who need applying this tape routinely, in the same area such as dialysis or neonate’s patients. It works for people with eczema and allergies. The flexible design follows the body contour so that you can even apply it under compression tubes and bandages.
- Take care of the tape and it will last for a few months
- Very thin, so no one can see it through your shirt.
- Packaging issue
6. Cica Care Silicone For Old Hypertrophic Scars
If you need shelf-adhesive scar sheets with durable silicone and conformable, this is what you need. The sheets are thinner, flexible, and easy to use. Surely, it is a cost-effective solution to help you heal your wounds.
- Works well
- Comfortable to use
- The scar sheets may not stay well especially on the curve, but it shows a great result.
7. Puriderma Silicone Sheets for Keloid
The sheets are reusable so that it is important to help you with the idea of being economical. What you should do is to wash and then reattach them. Additionally, elastic and soft silicone makes you feel comfortable. Even though you have wounds on your joints, the breathable material can stay there. Best of all, you will not feel pain when you are peeling it off.
To use this product, you just have to cut it in any size you want. To reuse it, you should wash it by using warm water and then air dry by using a hairdryer. These scar sheets are the perfect choices because they can protect your wounds from UV rays as well.
- It works well
- Comfortable, thanks to the nice materials that make the sheets do not fall off easily.
- Even though the adhesive is not always the best, but it works.
8. Silicone Scar FX for Scars Therapy
Additionally, this product is perfect for those who have to deal with hypoallergenic. So, it is safe for every type of skin. Best of all, you can apply it to new and existing scars. Up to now, no reports are saying about the side effect of using this scar sheet.
- It works great and good for the price
- The scar looks smooth and the adhesive quality is good
- It is difficult to clean
9. CicaTape Silicone Sheet For Wounds
Since it is important to protect the wound from irritation, we recommend you of using this product. Even better, it gets FDA certificate with proven ingredients. This is the ideal choice if you are looking for a soft, comfortable, reusable, and washable tape for scars. Please note that you cannot apply it to unhealed or open wounds.
- It is a great scar treatment.
- The strips do not fold when you want to remove the strips every day to air the scar.
- You may take some practice to apply the tape on your body.
10. PediFix Dexterity Silicone Scar Sheets
Additionally, the silicone surface can adhere perfectly to your skin. You can remove it easily and then wash it and reapply the sheet anytime you want. The last interesting to know about this product is it is durable, perfect for hypoallergenic, and latex-free solution.
- The size and quality is great
- It can stick well and clean well
- It slides off once it gets wet
Silicone Scar Sheet Buying Guide
There are some important things to consider when you want to buy the best silicone scars sheet below;
The most important thing to consider is the size of the silicone scar sheet. Well, you want to buy the sheet so that it can cover the scar completely. By choosing the right size, it also maximizes the function of the scar sheet. Therefore, it provides hydration and protects your scars. If your scar sheet can do the function properly, then it will soften and flatten the scars.
Here is the important information about the sizes for silicone sheets;
- A small sheet means it is less than 3-inch. It is the best sheet for small bruises, small cuts, simple surgeries, and minor scars.
- Medium sheet means it is a 3-inch sheet. It works best for medium cuts, simple surgeries, scar excision, and medium bruises.
- A large scar sheet means it is about 6 to 7-inch. It supports large cuts, large bruises, C-section, knee surgery, and tummy tuck.
Next, you should also consider the material of silicone scar sheet. Here are things to determine whether your scar sheet is good or not;
- Easy to apply
- Wearable throughout the day
- Stay in its place, not easy to fall off
- Tan-colored silicone sheet to offer comfort and flexibility, most of them are great for non-flat skin surface
- The clear silicone sheet should be more rigid and use it only on the flat surfaces like chest keloids.
The price is the last thing to consider. You can buy silicone sheets at an affordable price. Even you can find the products online, get them easily without seeing your dermatologist or your plastic surgeon.
It is important to note that you cannot use a saline sheet for too long. According to the International Advisory Panel on Scar Management, you should only use silicone sheets for 2 months.
With so many options available for the best silicone scar sheets, we do not want to confuse you. At this point, we would like to help you more by choosing three top solutions from the review above.
1. Aroamas Professional Silicone Scar Sheets
Take this as your first option if you think that you want a silicone scar sheet for hypertrophic scars, old scars, c-section, surgery, injury, and others. Since it is washable and reusable, the product lets you clean the wounded area easily. However, it is not what you need if you want a scar sheet to apply on the face.
|Aroamas Professional Silicone Scar Sheets, Soften and Flattens Scars Resulting from Surgery,...||6,149 Reviews||Check Price!|
2. ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets Shrink, Flatten & Fade Scars
This is a comfortable scar sheet that can last long. It is also easy to use because you can shrink, flatten, and then fade your scars from 12 sheets in this package. Make sure that you apply the sheet on the non-oily and non-hairy area. Even though it is a little bit difficult to use, but you will love the result.
|ScarAway Advanced Skincare Silicone Scar Sheets for Face, Body, Surgical, Burn, Hypertrophic...||4,215 Reviews||Check Price!|
3. CicaTape Silicone Sheet for Wounds
Protect your wounds from irritation by using this tape. This tape is the ideal choice if you want to increase the healing process of old wounds. Great scar treatment will not fold when you want to remove the strips just to air your scar. Well, it is not for those with open wounds. Since it is a scar tape, you may need more time to practice applying this tape on your body.
Last update on 2021-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API