Getting the best sleep mask is important. You deserve to find the best one for yourself. And surely, you don’t want to spend your money on the wrong thing.
However, we would find a confusing condition when realizing that there are so many sleep masks on the market today. But what the best one is we don’t know.
On this page, we are going to provide some guides and reviews of these nine sleep masks as the best sleep masks on the market nowadays.
Top 9 Best Sleep Masks
The following 9 sleep masks are the best sleep masks I recommend for you.
1. Bedtime Bliss Contoured Sleep Mask
- UPGRADE YOUR SLEEP WITH BEDTIME BLISS SLEEP MASK OR YOUR MONEY BACK - Our 100% blackout design is...
- STRUGGLING WITH LIGHT POLLUTION OR NOISE POLLUTION? If so then our patented design Eye mask with...
- DON'T LIKE IT WHEN EYE MASKS TOUCH YOUR EYES? - We have the solution, our sleep eye mask is...
It can block the light very properly due to its contoured design. If you are looking for the best contoured sleep mask model, you should prefer to choose Bedtime Bliss. Additionally, supported by its size, it fits with many people, mostly for adults.
It’s very comfortable as well. The strap is adjustable and has appropriate tightness. Your eyes can blink easily due to its cup design. Moreover, your eyelashes will not either touch or brush the mask, and it supports your REM running during sleep properly. Further, it will not smudge your eye cream in the night. So, Bedtime Bliss is recommended for women as well.
- Keeps your eyes away from the light perfectly
- It’s comfortable
- The most fitting contoured sleep mask for most people
- Suitable for any use: traveling, meditating, and so on.
- Durable, easy to care
- Sleep mask for women
- Not good for pug-nosed users.
- It may cause a problem for side sleepers if the size is not suitable for them.
2. Alaska Bear Natural Silk Sleep Mask
- A sleep aid and eye relaxer, made of 100% top-quality natural mulberry silk on BOTH sides. Only...
- Gentle, easy-to-adjust headband won’t tangle hair or snag pillow. And the plastic adjuster stays...
- Ideal for insomnia, migraine headaches and dry-eye sufferers, as the breathable, natural fibers of...
Made of 100% 19mm mulberry silk, you don’t need to doubt the softness. The silk material on both of its sides, outer and inner, creates a perfect soft sleep mask for you.
For light blocking, the big and wide size will extremely shade you from the light, then create a darkness. The blackout color blocks the light, prevent the light get through.
- It’s very soft so it’s absolutely comfortable to use
- Pretty reliable to keep you out of the light due to its big size
- Inexpensive, super affordable quality sleep mask
- You can choose your own size with different straps
- Suitable for any sleep position.
- Cannot seal the gaps and potentially cannot block 100% of the light
- Your eyes cannot blink easily when it’s on
3. Sleep Master Sleep Mask
- Fully adjustable, light-weight and breathable cool satin sleep mask
- Durable, soft, flexible and wide to surround your head comfortably, connects easily in the back with...
- Synthetic outer shell/ Cotton interior
The design, like a padding blanket, wraps you around from the front to the back of your head, covers your eyes, serves a comfortable feeling like sleeping on a pillow, transmits a great comfort for every side you sleep on. Along with that, the light will be hard to get through your wrapped head.
This ocean blue sleep mask is made with satin and a cotton interior and lacks any latex. It is adjustable with a velcro fastener at the back head. It’s also hypoallergenic and completely hand-washable. Furthermore, this large mask is designed to wrap comfortably around your head.
- It’s comfortable to use for any sleep position
- Great thickness to block the light
- Additional advantage as sound muffling because the mask wraps ears
- Washable, hygienic
- Made in the USA
- Expensive compared to the other masks
- It can be slippery
4. Imak Sleep Mask
- Our ergoBeads provide cooling and massaging relief
- The patented eye darts allow lashes to move freely during REM sleep
- Soft, breathable cotton/spandex material
For migraine sufferers, they are sensitive to the light so looking for a decent light-blocking sleeping mask which can excellently deliver compression is the right answer. This mask is easy to mold to your face due to its ergoBeads™. When it’s able to mold, it prevents gaps and shields you from the light.
Talking about comfort, it’s extremely comfortable. You also could feel how smooth its cotton Lycra against your face, how the ergoBeads™ puts such a slight glide massage on your face, and how the perfect weight of this mask calms your eyes. You could also chill it in the freezer to use it as a cooling eye mask.
- Blocks the light
- Doesn’t put tight pressure on your eyes
- Relieves headache issues including migraines
- It’s like an eye pillow if you wear it on your stomach sleep position
- Make it chilled to relieve migraines better
- The strap is flimsy and tends to stretch out fast
- It may slide down when you wear it sitting up
5. Dream Essentials Escape Luxury Sleep Mask
- SUPERB LIGHT BLOCK | Fall asleep by reducing unwanted light. Using this sleep mask to blockout light...
- DEEP EYE CAVITIES | Rest easy with no pressure or fabric on your eyes. Breathable cotton rests...
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE STRAP | Sleep in comfort, adjust the strap, with a slider (no hook & fuzzy in this...
The thickness contributes to shield you from the light. If you think that light that gets through from the bottom mask is your problem, it provides such a blocker like a pillow that will conform your face particularly in the bottom area around your nose. Further, it also helps your eyes to relax and create a soft massage to your bottom eyelids.
The eye cavity places your eyes far away from the light. It also protects your eye cream from distraction. Finally, the big size will cover your face completely to inject its best performance protecting from the light.
- Blocks light well
- Doesn’t smudge your eye cream
- Very comfortable at the eye area
- The eye cavity sometimes doesn’t fit with the user so it is uncomfortable instead
6. Earth Therapeutics Sleep Mask
- Extrodinary soft combo of cotton and silk
- very effective inn blocking out distracting light
- Great for: cat naps, power naps, naps on planes, trains, and automobiles
You would be amazed due to its lavender scent when you use it for the first time. For some people, this is a very wanted mask which is very relaxing to wear while sleeping.
It’s also reliable to block the light. It helps press your eyes smoothly to make it stay closed and some layers of fabric of the mask will block the light from getting through which creates a total manipulated darkroom to bring you to fall asleep.
- Soft and comfortable
- It covers your eyes and blocks the light excellently
- Lavender scented sleep mask
- Not everyone loves scented mask, some people are sensitive to the lavender scent
- Your eyes cannot blink easily
7. Bucky 40 Blinks Sleep Mask
- ULTRA LIGHT WEIGHT - Our contoured eye mask is 3.5" tall by 9.5" wide, perfect for men, women and...
- EASY CARE - Made of 100% polyester interlock & 100% polyurethane foam, Hand wash cold with mild...
- REST IN COMFORT - Ultra lightweight latex-free molded foam is contoured for pressure free eye...
You can choose your own style from the 12 variants of the motif. Moreover, this will be very excellent for traveling or just regular use.
Don’t worry if it fails to protect you from the light, the contour will conform your face, prevent gaps, and create nice darkness. It also provides a free eye blinking area to let your eyes move easily.
- Fashionable and stylish
- Contoured design to shut the gaps
- Eyes could blink freely
- Flexible, soft, and easy to conform your face contour
- The price ranges based on the motif (somewhat pricey)
8. Lewis N. Clark Sleep Mask
- LIGHT BLOCKING: Relax in total darkness. This 2 pack of eye masks blocks all light, making it the...
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL – EVEN KIDS: This sleep mask uses elastic straps with a buckle. It quickly...
- ULTRA SOFT + COMFORTABLE: Made with lightweight, breathable rip-stop nylon. Plush fabric is soothing...
The underside pillowy design also creates room for eyes to move. So when you use it on back position, your eyes never have pressure. Moreover, your eyelashes are secure to blink sufficiently.
Made of cotton, widely-known as a breathable material, makes it appropriate to use when the weather is hot, allows you to never have sweaty experience. It’s also washable and if you take care of it wisely, it can last long.
- Blocks the light
- Comfortable, your eyes sleep well too
- Good for relaxation
- Available in several colors and other fabric materials
- Some experienced stain problem
9. Drift to Sleep Sleep Mask
- GET A GREAT NIGHT'S SLEEP Contoured pockets on our US PATENTED sleeping mask allows you to blink...
- WAKE UP FEELING RESTED with an eye mask that does not interfere with REM sleep or smudge makeup
- BLOCK OUT NOISE of a partner who snores, watches TV late at night with 2 Pairs of Soft Foam MADE IN...
The flexibility makes it easy to adapt to your face and then shut all the gaps to make your sleep dark. This is surely the first core purpose of a sleep mask. It’s made of high-quality material which is not explained but I’m sure you will love it.
Comes with two earplugs lets you never need to buy the sound blocking attribute again.
- Blocking light properly and conform to face comfortably
- Soft and comfortable
- Two earplugs
- U.S. patented material
- Like other contoured sleep masks, the problem comes for some people when their size and nose shape is not fitting to the mask, then it will fail to block the light
What is the most Recommended Sleep Mask?
If you are still confused to decide your choice, I feel it will be very useful to recommend Bedtime Bliss sleep mask. You should try this at first. It fulfills every aspect that a sleep mask should have, especially when you need a real total light-blocking mask. You don’t have to think twice about this mask because there are so many people who have bought it and replied with satisfactory feedback.
What is the Best Sleep Mask?
So, how do I know that 9 sleep masks above are the best ones?
It’s actually confusing to define the best sleep mask. The best sleep mask surely should be able to block 100% of the light, but it also should be able to provide comfort to the users. Lack of even one of those two things w decreases the value of the sleep mask.
However, to find a really perfect sleep mask actually depends from person to person. Since the human face is different, there’s not the same perfect sleep mask for everyone. This is the problem with the contoured sleep mask type which is intended to be able to block the light 100% but for some people, it even makes the situation worst.
There are many aspects to consider while deciding which eye mask for sleeping is the best one. But, I want to show my criterion below as the main factors which sleep mask deserves to be the best one.
The best sleep mask blocks 100% of incoming light
It can be achieved by the design fitting with the face, interlocked padding, and black-out fabric. The appropriate design fitting with the face prevents gap present and surely there’s no light coming inside.
There are many cases of failure of a sleep mask to block light coming from the gap around the nose. Commonly a sleep mask without a nose bridge feature is not able to prevent this gap. That’s why the nose bridge feature is important. Although it depends on your nose type, all you have to do is choosing the nose bridge sleep mask which is appropriate with your nose type.
The best sleep mask feels comfortable
The best sleep mask also features a comfortable strap, removes pressure from your eye sockets, and fits securely yet snugly. The sleep mask material is also crucial to determine how comfortable the sleep mask will be. Many people love to use a sleep mask made of silk due to its softness. But there are many other materials that provide softness and pleasure too.
The best sleep mask has a durable design and made to last
This is another factor to look out for when choosing the best sleep mask. Of course, a sleep mask should also be durable. However, the durability of a sleep mask depends wholly on the material used in designing it. A flimsy strip of cloth is likely to fall apart, so you’re better off investing in the best one.
Best Sleep Masks for Back, Stomach, and Side Sleepers
Everybody has their own particular needs. One of the biggest concerns people have is whether the mask complements their typical sleeping position. What to consider while deciding which sleep mask is suitable for our sleep position?
Best Sleep Mask for Back Sleepers
Back sleepers have less to worry about than side and stomach sleepers. Nevertheless, back sleepers still need to watch out for certain characteristics. First, they need a mask that doesn’t put any pressure on their face. The mask also needs to have a strap that won’t be noticeable against the back of their head.
Although any one of the contoured masks discussed previously will work for back sleepers, we especially recommend the Bedtime Bliss sleep mask. The contoured shape of this mask has no pressure on your face, and its velcro strap is indiscernible against the back of your skull.
Sleeping on our back position we usually do when we are traveling (car or plane). So, when talking about the best sleep mask for traveling, it means the best sleep mask for back sleepers as well. It’s recommended to purchase Bedtime Bliss sleep mask too. Because it doesn’t only provide you comfortable use of your back head but also the best light blocking quality.
Best Sleep Mask for Side Sleepers
Side sleepers need a mask with a strap that won’t rub uncomfortably against their ear while they’re sleeping. It’s also important that it remains in place, otherwise, light could leak through and disturb your sleep.
The Sleep Master sleep mask is a well-known sleep mask that supports any sleep position. It will not rub your ears because of no strap, you will lie your ears on the padding comfortably. There also will not cause any gaps when you lay on your side because the characteristic of the fabric material is flexible to seal your face contour from appearing gaps.
Best Sleep Mask for Stomach Sleepers
Stomach sleepers have an especially difficult time finding a good sleep mask. They not only need a secure mask but one that does not irritate their eyes, leave them overheated or stain their pillow.
The Alaska Bear sleep mask has all those characteristics. The fully adjustable elastic strap ensures a secure fit no matter how you sleep. Furthermore, the silky interior is breathable and comfortable. Finally, the majority of Amazon reviewers don’t have a problem with pillow stains.
Besides the sleep masks above, I want to explain the capability of the other best sleep masks in supporting your sleep position by the following table.
Last update on 2020-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API